- Gratitude is one of the simplest, most powerful ways to increase your life satisfaction. And it’s free!
- Practicing gratitude also affects behavior. Studies have shown that grateful people engage in more exercise, have better dietary behaviors, are less likely to smoke and abuse alcohol, and have higher rates of medication adherence.
“I’m not sure if I’ve ever been truly happy until I was dead.” ~Unknown
Being grateful is one of the most important things in life. Being grateful is something that makes us feel better and happier. When we are happy, our mood improves and when we are feeling good, we have a positive outlook on life. If we are able to be grateful, then it will make us live a better life.
There are many ways to be more grateful and they all involve different types of thoughts.
- One of the simplest ways to be grateful is to count our blessings. This sounds easy enough, but it can be very challenging for some people due to the way they’ve grown up. For example, if we have grown up in an environment where there was a lot of violence and turmoil, it can make it hard to be grateful for what we have.
- Another way to be thankful is to find enjoyment in the small things in life. If we take the time to find little pleasures in life, we are more likely to be grateful for everything. One of the best ways to find little pleasures in life is by doing little things that make us happy. This could involve doing something active outside, listening to music, or just enjoying a warm cup of coffee in the morning.
- A third way that can help us be more grateful is to perform an act of kindness for others. By doing an act of kindness, it allows us to see things from another person’s perspective and recognize what we have. It also makes the person we helped feel appreciated and it makes us realize that their happiness is just as important as our own.
These are just a few ways we can be more grateful. There are many more, but these are some of the best tips to get started with.
Practice Makes Perfect..
Just like anything else in life, gratitude takes practice to get better at it. If you’re struggling with being grateful, don’t worry. With a little bit of time and effort, you’ll eventually get better. Just remember to count your blessings, find joy in the small things, and perform an act of kindness for others.
The more you practice gratitude, the easier it will get. It may not be easy in the beginning, but as time goes on, you’ll see that your life has gotten better because of it.
Be sure to remember to be grateful for this moment. This is one of the best moments of your life.
Life is truly a gift. Don’t forget to enjoy it while you can.
35 Gratitude Quotes ideas:
“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ~Dalai Lama
“What you are is God’s gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God. “
“We should treasure the happy moments and cherish the joyful times, for all too soon they end. And we should not forget that the best gifts often come in the smallest packages.”
“Life is a gift, and it brings us all something different. The pleasure is in the giving, for the giver determines what it shall be.”
“Do not wait for extraordinary circumstances to do good action; try to use ordinary situations. Be courteous, be kind, be generous. It is the least you can do.”
“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness shown by one person to another, and returns goodwill for good received. It is the sincerest form of praise.”
“A mans happiness gets stretched by a new joy, just as much as it does by a new sorrow.”
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is to celebrate.”
“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. ”
“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
“There is a secret pleasure in putting something into a collection box for someone else, perhaps without them knowing it. Do not underestimate the value of this pleasure.
“There is more happiness in giving joy to others than in owning all the objects that could ever bring you pleasure.
“Think often of the happiness you have and others around you will have an example of how to be joyful as well.”
“The gift of giving is a beautiful gift to yourself.
“When you enter a room, try to bring happiness and joy with you. This will attract others to you as well.
“Think of how much sadness there would be in the world, if none of us ever gave gifts to each other.
“You may not be rich, but you can still give gifts to others. It may be a kind word, a prayer for someone in need, or even your good example.
“When you give to others, you are really giving to yourself. It is the sincerest way of saying “I love you.”
“The happiness you give to others will come back to you, and you will receive a hundredfold.
“How wonderful it is to put a smile on another person’s face. You do not need money to do this, but keeping a generous heart will draw others to you.
“Try to find the joy in everything, and you will learn what it means to live life as a rich man.”
“When you see someone without a smile, be kind enough to give them one of yours.
“When you are in a crowd of people, try to be the one to make everyone smile. Remember, it only takes a moment to change someone’s whole day.
“When you are feeling down or blue, try to find someone in an even worse condition and make their day better. This will not only put a smile on their face, but yours as well!
“When you make someone else smile or happy, you will feel an emotion that is hard to come by these days. Genuine happiness.
“Always keep your eyes and ears open for someone in need of a smile. You will be surprised how many people are waiting for one.
“Be a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day.”
“The sun fills us with joy and happiness. Be the sun to someone else’s cloudy world.
“Bring a ray of sunshine into someone’s life, and you will never know the joy you have brought.
“Bring happiness where there is sorrow.
“Lighten the load of those who suffer.
“Find joy in all things, no matter how small.
“Bring laughter where there is tears.
“Smile when others cry.
“Happiness is a choice. Make the right one.”